Boycott against apartheid
No to military cooperation with the Israeli state
Stop the massacre of the Palestinian people
On 16 October, Workers in Palestine, a coalition of more than 30 Palestinian trade unions, called for an end to all military complicity with Israel, in an appeal that gave rise to the international "Stop Arming Israel" coalition. This appeal was immediately circulated by the International Trade Union Solidarity and Struggle Network. The European trade union members of the Network, meeting in Milan from 2 to 4 February 2024, reiterated their demand for a total embargo on arms to and from Israel, whose government has been bombing and destroying the Gaza Strip for nearly four months, and martyring its population.
Despite the intense bombardments, the daily violations of international law, the enormous difficulties for the civilian population to drink, to eat, to care for themselves, to have access to electricity or fuel, Israel continues to enjoy the unfailing support of the United States and the majority of European states. The Israeli state is only able to wage this ferocious war thanks to massive and continuous supplies, mainly from the United States, but also from several European countries.
- We refuse, and we call on the unions in the sectors concerned to lead campaigns to refuse to manufacture or transport arms for Israel.
- We call on the unions in the sectors concerned to adopt motions to this effect.
- We call on all trade unions to denounce companies that are complicit in the ongoing genocide in Palestine, and to join this international campaign against military cooperation with Israel.
- We call for an end to all military cooperation with Israel.
- We call for the denunciation of all military research, public or private, with links to Israel.
There must be an end to the spiral of violence, the essential condition for which is an end to the colonialism and apartheid that Palestinians have faced for decades.
We are convinced, along with the Palestinian trade unions, that the struggle for justice and the liberation of Palestine is not just a regional struggle, but that it is a lever for the liberation of all the dispossessed and exploited peoples of the world.
Several member organisations of the International Trade Union Network for Solidarity and Struggle have developed links with Palestinian trade unions in the West Bank, independent of the Palestinian Authority, by going there and/or receiving them. We are signatories to and take part in the BDS (Boycott Divestment Sanctions) campaign, led in Palestine by the Boycott National Committee (BNC), a non-violent international campaign initiated by 250 Palestinian civil society organisations and based on the application of international law.